NEET Domicile Criteria
In order to determine eligibility for the 85% state/UT reservation in Chandigarh’s medical colleges during NEET admissions, candidates must meet specific criteria as outlined below:
*1. Chandigarh School Recognition:*
– Candidates must have been regular students in schools officially recognized by the Chandigarh administration and located within the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
*2. Parental Residency:*
– Candidates are eligible if their parents have been residents of Chandigarh for at least the preceding 5 years from the date of their NEET application.
*3. Government Employees in Chandigarh:*
– Applicants whose parents are employees of the Central or State Governments on deputation to Chandigarh, or who work in autonomous bodies/companies where the Chandigarh administration holds a stake of 20% or more, can apply if they have resided in Chandigarh for at least the preceding 3 years from the date of their NEET application.
*Domicile Eligibility Criteria for SC Category and PwD Applicants from UT Chandigarh:*
– In addition to meeting the general eligibility criteria, candidates must also submit a relevant SC or PwD Certificate.
*Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Indian Students:*
– Candidates under this category must be of Indian origin. This includes Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), individuals of Indian origin holding passports from other countries, and those who have resided in another country for at least 3 years immediately prior to the year of admission to Government Medical College, Chandigarh. They must also satisfy the general eligibility criteria. Please note that foreign nationals of non-Indian origin are not eligible to apply.
*Additional Requirements for Foreign Indian Students:*
– These students must have passed the qualifying examination in relevant subjects.
– Foreign Indian students are required to obtain “Certificates of Equivalence” for their qualifying examinations from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, and Punjab University, Chandigarh.
*Further Classification for Foreign Indian Students:*
– This category is divided into two subgroups:
*a. Ancestral Background in Chandigarh:*
– Students who can trace their ancestral background (parent/s, grandparent/s, or themselves) with a minimum residence of 5 years in the UT since the inception of Chandigarh, or who own immovable property under the name of parent/s or grandparent/s for at least 5 years.
*b. Ancestral Background in Another State/UT:*
– Students with an ancestral background in a state or UT other than Chandigarh. Certificates from the competent authorities verifying this claim must be provided. However, preference will be given to the category mentioned above.
These domicile requirements for NEET UG 2024 admission in Chandigarh aim to ensure fairness and priority for candidates with strong ties to the region.